" - His soul has been in there for a year and I understand it's...damaged. Is there anyway you can... hack the Hell part of ?
- What do you think the soul is ? Some pie you can slice ? The soul can be bludgeoned, tortured, but never broken, not even by me, the Death..."
- Well, it gotta be something !
-Maybe. I can't erase the part of hell, but I can...put it behind a wall...if you will... .
- A wall ?
- In his mind. A dam to hold back the tide. Nasty those memories. You don't wanna know what they'll do to him. Believe me.
- Ok, uh...a wall. Sounds good.
- But it's not permanent, nothing lasts forever, Death says. And then for himself: well, I do,but...
So, I'll do it if you win the wager: I want you to be me for one day."